Monday, July 23, 2018

Letter to Landlord for Leaving the Rental House (Eviction Notice)

letter to landlord for leaving the houseThe tenant may leave the house /flat / premises of the landlord for several reasons, viz. high rental value, rent period is over, dispute with landlord, location change in job, flat space or design unsatisfactory, etc. Generally, most of the rent agreements contain a clause on advance notice to be given by the tenant to the landlord at lease before a fixed period before leaving the flat. Otherwise the tenant will have to pay for the notice period if he wants to leave on a short notice or immediately.

The following template of letter from tenant to landlord could be used in case the tenant wants to give an advance notice of leaving the house / terminating the tenancy/rent agreement.



FORMAT

Date: ..................

To
(Name of the Landlord)
(Complete Address)

Sub.: Notice of leaving the rental property

Dear ..................,

Hope you are doing well. 

I am writing to inform you that I will be leaving the flat at ................ rented by you to me with reference to the rent agreement dated ................. I am shifting my job to another city and hence I have no other option but to leave your flat. Therefore, I am giving herewith 30 days advance notice of leaving the flat. By ............, I will clear all my properties and things from your premises and on ......... I will hand over the flat keys to you.

The rent for this month will be paid as usual. Please find hereunder my banking details, where the Security Deposit amount can be transferred by you.
[Bank details: .............................................................]



I thank you for renting the flat to me. I had a pleasurable stay at your house during all these period. I truly appreciate all the help you have extended since the beginning.

Have a nice day / evening.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,

   (signature)  

(Name of the Tenant)

1 comment:


  1. Being evicted from an apartment house can have ramifications for your future living situation. Prospective apartment managers and landlords are less inclined to rent to a private who has been formerly evicted. this is often something that they are doing take into consideration once they receive an application from a possible tenant.
    Fight Eviction California

    ReplyDelete