Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Letter to Landlord Requesting Reimbursement for Repairs Made

Generally, the rent agreement (leave and license agreement) between landlord and tenant carries a condition on who will pay for repairs and maintenance of the property given on rent/lease and mostly the responsibility is relied upon the tenant for carrying out periodical maintenance.

letter to landlord requesting reimbursement for repairs madeIn the absence of such a condition in the agreement, the tenant may request the landlord to arrange for the repairs and the tenant will make the payment. Or the tenant may complete the cleaning and repairs of the property and then request the landlord to reimburse the payment made by him.

However, it would be advisable to first discuss the matter with the landlord and then only spend money on repairs because the landlord may deny to reimburse the money later on.



Sometimes the agreement has a condition that the tenant will arrange & pay for repairs and the landlord will reimburse the money to the tenant. In this case, it is quite clear that the tenant will pay first and claim reimbursement later.

FORMAT

Date: ...............

To
(Name of the Landlord)
(Address)

Subj.: Reimbursement of repairs and maintenance of the rented property

Dear Mr. ......,

Greetings. I hope you are doing well.

I am writing to you regarding the repairs and maintenance of the property rented to me. As agreed, I have carried out the quarterly cleaning, repairs and maintenance of the whole property and now everything is in better condition than before. You may kindly visit the property any day soon for an inspection if you so desire.

I have spent a sum of .......... on the repairs i.e. the payment made to the service providers engaged in this regard. Further, I have spent a sum of ....... for purchase of some equipment needed for the repairs.

I beg to state that lately I am facing some financial problems as I have been spending a large amount of money on the medical bills of my mother as she has been ill for a long time now. Hence, such heavy expenditure on repairs has further put an undue burden on me. Therefore, I am writing to you requesting kindly and seeking your help in this matter.



I will be very grateful to you if you would be kind enough to reimburse me the money spent on repairs as mentioned above. I assure you that in the next quarterly repairs I will take the responsibility for payment of the whole amount.

Looking forward to hearing from you. You may contact me if you have any queries in the matter.

Thanking you,

Yours truly,

  (signature)

(Name of the Tenant)

Encl.: A/a

No comments:

Post a Comment