Friday, November 16, 2018

Letter to Police to Lodge FIR for Lost or Stolen Mobile and SIM

If you have lost your mobile phone for any reason viz. misplaced it, got stolen, etc., then you should make an application to the local police station to register aa FIR. This will be helpful not only to block the SIM in the mobile but also if possible the mobile could be recovered although the chances are pretty less.

letter format to fir to police station for mobile and sim lost
But most importantly, this FIR copy will be very useful in case in future your mobile is misused by someone for any wrongful purpose and as the mobile is registered in your name, you might be blamed for this, so to avoid this unpleasant situation you can produce the copy of FIR as an evidence that the mobile was lost earlier and not in your possession anymore.

Following formats of making application to police station could be used. Modify it appropriately as per your situation with facts of the case.



SAMPLE #1
(In case mobile lost or misplaced somewhere)

Date: .................

To
The Officer-in-charge
....... Police Station
(Address)

Sub.: My mobile lost or misplaced - Application for lodging FIR

Respected Sir/Madam,

I, (name of the applicant), aged ....years, son/daughter of (name of the father), is currently residing at (address). On (date), while travelling from .... to .... I lost/misplaced my mobile phone during the transit somewhere. I have searched everywhere possible to find the mobile, but I am unable to trace it. The mobile was of ..... company and .......... model, its IMEI number ..............

Therefore, I hereby request you to kindly register the FIR for my lost mobile. An attested copy of the FIR may kindly be provided to me which will help me to further block the SIM and for future reference.

I will be grateful if you kindly take any action to trace and recover the lost mobile.

Yours sincerely,

signature
(Name of the Applicant)
(Full Address, Phone no.)



SAMPLE #2
(In case mobile stolen/theft by someone)

Date: .................

To
The Officer-in-charge
....... Police Station
(Address)

Sub.: Request for lodging an FIR regarding theft of my mobile phone with sim

Respected Sir/Madam,

I, (name of the person), aged .... years, son/daughter of .................., is a resident of (residential address). I was using a mobile of ..... brand, model no. ............, IMEI number .................., for the last couple of years. On (date), while I was travelling by bus/train, my mobile was stolen from me somehow by some miscreant whom I could not see his/her face while stealing happened. The mobile phone was having a SIM of ....... company inside it. I believe the mobile is stolen because the mobile was in my pants pocket when I was travelling by bus/train, during the time I was a little sleepy the theft must have happened as it was there with me before I fell asleep and when I woke up, I couldn't find it anymore.

I, therefore, kindly request you to register the FIR in this matter and please provide me with an attested copy thereof. I shall be grateful for any efforts taken from your side to trace the stolen mobile and recover it.

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,

signature
(Name of the Person)
(Address, Phone no.)

No comments:

Post a Comment