Friday, October 26, 2018

Date of Birth Change in Bank Account - Formal Letter to Bank

Date of Birth Change in Bank Account - Formal Letter to Bank (sample)A bank will change the date of birth of a customer in its records only after receiving proper documentary proof backing the accuracy of this. Therefore, just writing an application letter to the bank for changing your date of birth in your bank account won't be sufficient, bank will most likely reject it.



The documents, which are considered mostly for valid date of birth proof, are matriculation certificate (grade 10), passport, aadhar, pan card, driving license, etc.

Following application letter to bank format could be useful.

FORMAT

Date: ....................

From
(Name of the Account-holder)
(Address)
(Phone No.)

To
The Manager
(Name of the Bank)
(Name of the Branch)
(Branch Address)

Sub.: Date of birth error correction in my bank account records

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have recently noticed an error in my personal details in the banking records for my savings account in your bank. I was checking my bank passbook and in the front page I noticed that the date of birth mentioned of mine is incorrect.

Kindly note the following details carefully.

Savings account number: ..........................
Account holder name: ...............................
Wrong date of birth (at present in bank records): ..................
Correct date of birth (as per valid documentary proof): ..........................

Therefore, I request you to kindly correct the same in your records for my account at the earliest. I am enclosing herewith copies of my matriculation certificate and aadhar card for verification purposes.



Declaration:
I do hereby solemnly declare and confirm that my date of birth as per the documentary proof available is ............ The said date of birth is correct and the same can be used in my banking records at all places.

I agree and undertake to indemnify (bank name) against all claims arising as a result of this corrective action taken by the bank for updating my date of birth as requested by me herein above.

Kindly do the needful in this regard and communicate accordingly.

Thanking you!

Yours faithfully,

signature
(Name of the Account-holder)

Enclosures:
(1) Matriculation certificate copy
(2) Aadhar card copy

No comments:

Post a Comment