Sunday, August 26, 2018

Letter to Bank for closing Fixed Deposit FD before/after Maturity

Most of the banks will not entertain request for withdrawal of fixed deposit money before maturity date. If you still request for withdrawal, you might lose a major portion of the interest on it. The bank may even totally waive it as per its terms and conditions.
Letter to Bank for closing Fixed Deposit FD before or after Maturity
Whether or not you have submitted the request to withdraw the money before or after the date of maturity the letter format will be the same. The bank will determine on its own the impact of date of withdrawal request on interest amount as per the terms.


Also check with the bank's branch for any prescribed form, because some banks may not take request letters and will only take requests for surrender of FD in their format.


FORMAT

Date: ..................

From
(Name of the Account/FD holder)
(Full Postal Address)
(Tel. No.)
(Email id)

To
The Manager
(Name of the Branch)
(Name of the Bank)
(Address)

Sub.: Surrender of fixed deposit for withdrawal of money
Ref: Fixed Deposit Account Number ..................

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am having a savings account in your bank at …….. branch, bearing account number………………………. I currently have one fixed deposit with your bank bearing number .............. for a sum of Rs. ............. which is maturing on ..(date)...

I hereby submit my request to you to kindly close the said fixed deposit and credit the proceeds to my/our savings account number .............

I declare that I have read and understood the terms and conditions of your bank for this purpose and I agree to abide by the same.


I am enclosing herewith the original copy of the fixed deposit receipt. A copy of my PAN card self attested by me is also enclosed herewith for verification purposes.

Kindly process my application at the earliest.

Thanking you!

Yours faithfully,

  (sign)

(Name of the Account Holder)

Enclosure:
(1) Original FD receipt
(2) PAN card signed copy

No comments:

Post a Comment