Friday, August 24, 2018

Request Letter to Bank Manager to Block/Hotlist ATM Debit Card

If you have lost/misplaced your ATM card or if it is damaged or stolen from you, then you should report the matter to the bank immediately over the phone or by email. Check the bank's website to find the phone number and email id of the bank where you have to report it.

request letter to block credit cardSome banks even have Hotlisting department which is responsible for this work. So, find hotlisting department's phone number or email id and request for the blocking immediately.



Or if you have lost it somewhere or it got damaged and it becomes unrecoverable/unusable, then you may not have to hurry things up. You can send a letter to bank to block the ATM and reissue a new one. Or you may visit the bank's branch to complete the formalities.

FORMAT

Date: ....................

From
(Name of the Account holder)
(Complete Address)
(Contact No./Email id)

To
The Branch Manager
(Name of the Branch)
(Name of the Bank)

Sub: Request for Hot-listing of ATM/Debit Card No. ..................

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am a savings account holder in your bank's branch at ........... My savings account no. is ............. I had been using the ATM card bearing no. ................. issued by the bank.

I would like to request you to kindly Hot-list (block) my ATM/Debit card (no. .............) as I seem to have somehow by mistake misplaced it and I am not able to find it after searching almost all necessary places to look for / it has been stolen to me during transit in bus / the ATM card is fully damaged and is in unusable condition.



Further, I kindly request you to reissue a new debit card. Applicable charges may kindly be debited from my said savings account bearing no. .................

Thanking you for your cooperation!

Yours faithfully,

   signature

(Name of the Account holder)

No comments:

Post a Comment